Senior Software Engineer - NZ Remote
At Auror, we’re empowering the retail industry to tackle theft and Organised Retail Crime, a $150 Billion problem globally. It’s high-volume crime that’s increasingly organised in nature and is putting people, retailers, and communities at risk every day.
Founded in New Zealand 11 years ago, we’re working with some of the best and largest retailers in the world across the US, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and the UK.
Auror is connecting people and intelligence to reduce crime. We’re using technology for good. In partnership with our leading retail partners, we need people with the passion, determination, and innovation required to overcome one of the world's largest problems. If you’re looking to make a difference with and for the people dedicated to stopping crime, for good, then we want you on our team.
About Auror Engineering
Collaboration is at the heart of the Engineering team at Auror. We believe that we can only build the very best software by working with each other, and seeking different perspectives to solve problems.
- We like to ask questions and make sure the work we’re doing has the biggest impact it can
- We work closely with Product Management and Design to scope out the best solution
- We prioritise helping each other and giving great feedback on PR reviews
- We take responsibility for the quality of our software, consulting with fellow engineers and supporting teams
We solve problems that make a real-world impact, and we take engineering seriously. We’re a team that:
- Ship code to production constantly with a minimal defect rate, prioritising short feedback cycles over project plans and deadlines.
- We continuously look for ways to improve our product and our tech, and make space to contribute to engineering initiatives across the team.
Our architecture is cloud-native, which lets us focus on delivering business value to customers, not maintaining the plumbing.
Our stack is: React SPA with MobX and Typescript over a C# dotnet core backends-for-frontends WebAPI, hosted in Azure. In Azure we use App Services, SQL, Functions, Storage, Event Grid and Search.