Customer Strategy Director - Denver
At Auror, we’re empowering the retail industry to tackle theft and Organised Retail Crime, a $150 Billion problem globally. It’s high volume crime that’s increasingly organised in nature and is putting people, retailers, and communities at risk every day.
Founded in New Zealand 11 years ago, we’re working with some of the best and largest retailers in the world across the US, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and the UK.
Auror is connecting people and intelligence to reduce crime. We’re using technology for good.
In partnership with our leading retail partners, we need people with the passion, determination, and innovation required to overcome one of the world's largest problems. If you’re looking to make a difference with and for the people dedicated to stopping crime, for good, then we want you on our team.
We’re looking for an exceptional generalist who is ready to roll up their sleeves and support growing Auror in North America. You’ll report to the Vice President of Retail Partnerships, supporting the development and implementation of strategies across all aspects of Auror’s growth, including account management, project management, operations, and customer success. This is an exciting opportunity to support growing a successful SaaS scale-up into a new territory.
- Retail Partnerships - Partner with Director of Customer Success and Director of Retail Partnerships to support key projects as we scale the team to support our customers
- Operations - Work with the Vice President of Retail Partnerships on all operational aspects of growing and scaling a business
- Police Partnerships - Support our Senior Director of Law Enforcement Partnerships on integrating law enforcement with our retail partners to reduce crime
- Leadership & Team Development - Embrace and help set the standard for Auror in North America with its exceptional company identity and guiding principles.
This role reports to Bobby Haskins; VP of Retail Partnerships
I am a former airline pilot turned retail and asset protection professional, it’s been an amazing career journey! I am currently the Vice President - Retail Partnerships for Auror, I joined the team over two years ago. Prior to joining Auror I spent 10 years with Target Corporation in Store Operations and Assets Protection. I get excited about working with people who love to solve complex problems, are customer focused, and want to help the AP/LP industry innovate. Outside of work I am a new Dad who loves spending time with my family. We are relatively new to Colorado and have quickly fell in love with all the available outdoor activities!
We’re looking for someone with the following:
- Strong general business skills and acumen - potentially an ex-consultant (2-5 years experience) with some start-up or entrepreneurial experience
- Strong communication skills - ability to interact and build relationships with senior executives and lead and influence across multiple levels and functions of an organization
- Excellent project management skills - having the ability to manage multiple projects at any one time and be comfortable re-prioritising their workload
- Adaptable, creative and self-starting as projects will require research, quick learning, communication and at times filling operational gaps
- Strong interpersonal skills and proven ability to work seamlessly and build strong relationships with a variety of personalities and functional disciplines within a company.
- Experience developing executive presentations and documents with advanced level Google Docs, Sheets and Slides skills (or equivalent)
- Proven ability to track, prioritize and drive multiple concurrent projects to success. Ability to utilize data and metrics to communicate to customers
- Entrepreneurial, with a high tolerance for ambiguity and complexity. Efficient with limited resources. We operate in a dynamic way which means priorities and pace can change accordingly
- Proven experience designing and leading strategic projects at a hyper-growth company
- Understanding of the retail and LP landscape, and if you don’t, you’re interested in learning all about it
- Ability to travel up to 20% within North America
We are looking for people who demonstrate a strong alignment to our Guiding Principles (you can find these on our Careers page).
With diversity and inclusion at the forefront of Auror’s guiding principles, we promote a culture that celebrates diversity and inclusiveness at Auror, regardless of, but not limited to, race, gender, sexual orientation, family status, religion, ethnicity, national origin, physical disability, veteran status, or age.
- Competitive salary Range: Depending on level of experience of $110,000 - $170,000 which aligns to the IC4 or IC5 band in Auror’s Progression Framework
- Employee share scheme: You’ll own part of a company making a real difference!
- Flexibility: We are hard-working and outcome focused, but recognise there is more to life than work. We promote a healthy work/life blend.
- Shorter work weeks (at full pay): Everyone gets Friday afternoons off, so you can start your weekend early, and do more of whatever it is that makes you happy.
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision): Auror covers 100% of the cost of your health insurance plan with United Healthcare & Metlife.
- Focus on mental and physical health: We understand how vital our health is and have policies to support your wellness, including: Wellness Days, and up to three expert sessions paid for every year.
- Family-friendly: We offer comprehensive parental leave and benefits for primary and non-primary caregivers, including a baby bonus and meals delivered to your door.
- Personal growth: We support our team to participate in courses, conferences, or events that will help them develop their skills.
- Team love: We have regular team lunches and social events where most (if not all) activities are during work hours.
If you’re excited about our mission and you have experience and a passion for this role, please hit “Apply” below.
We’re proud that Auror is a place where everyone can learn and grow. So if you’re not sure that you tick all the boxes but feel you’re close to what we’re looking for, please apply anyway as we’d love to hear from you!
Once you apply, you’ll hear from us to acknowledge your application. If you have questions about any of the above, or if you have any accessibility requirements, we’ll be able to help you from there.