Finance Manager, North America - Denver
At Auror, we’re empowering the retail industry to tackle theft and Organised Retail Crime, a $150 Billion problem globally. It’s high volume crime that’s increasingly organised in nature and is putting people, retailers, and communities at risk every day.
Founded in New Zealand 11 years ago, we’re working with some of the best and largest retailers in the world across the US, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and the UK.
Auror is connecting people and intelligence to reduce crime. We’re using technology for good.
In partnership with our leading retail partners, we need people with the passion, determination, and innovation required to overcome one of the world's largest problems. If you’re looking to make a difference with and for the people dedicated to stopping crime, for good, then we want you on our team.
About Finance at Auror
The Finance team at Auror is dynamic, fun and collaborative and we’re looking for a generalist Accountant to manage our North American financial operations. It’s a hugely varied role from bank reconciliations to monthly management accounts to payroll and compliance to business partnering. No two days will be the same and it’s an excellent opportunity to grow your career in a dynamic and fast-paced environment within the tech industry.
Auror is going through significant growth and this role has the opportunity to make a big impact. This is a great role for someone who isn’t afraid of ambiguity and is keen to explore creative and new ways of doing things.
Our head office is based in Auckland, New Zealand and we have offices in Denver, London and Melbourne. This role will be managing North American operations in Denver and reporting remotely to our Finance Manager, Georgia, who is based in Auckland.
- Preparing balance sheet reconciliations, monthly management accounts and assisting with Board reporting
- Managing bi-monthly payroll and payroll-related compliance
- Responsible for all North America tax compliance and filing including state registrations, franchise tax and sales tax returns
- Maintaining a documented system of tax policies and procedures
- Liaising with our external accountants
- Designing and implementing new ways of working and synergies to create efficiencies and support Auror’s ongoing growth
- Partnering with the Customer, Sales, Marketing and PX teams to support financial planning and analysis
- Assisting with strategic forecasting
- Managing the day to day financial operations including customer invoicing, accounts receivable and accounts payable
- Reconciling bank and credit card transactions, and expense reimbursements
- Supporting with year-end processes and annual audits
- Supporting with ad-hoc project, administration and analysis work
This role reports to Georgia Burns, Finance Manager
I joined Auror nearly a year ago after having spent eight years in the SaaS space. I love the NZ tech industry - it's fascinating, it's evolving, it's future-thinking. At Auror, I get to work with passionate people solving a meaningful problem for our customers and making a difference in the world of retail crime.
Within the Finance team at Auror, we're focused on not just financial reporting but also adding value across all teams through business partnering, problem-solving, and insights. As a people leader I'm here to support and guide you, and also want you to feel empowered to make the role your own. Outside of work I enjoy being active through indoor bouldering, taking my dog Gracie for walks, long weekends camping but also love a quiet night in with a movie and great food!
- A bachelor's degree in Accounting and CPA qualification or equivalent
- 6+ years commercial or public practice experience, working in a varied accounting role
- Strong accounting knowledge and a deep understanding of core accounting principles
- Strong understanding of the US compliance landscape including state registrations, payroll and tax filing
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills
- Bonus: experience in a quickly scaling software company, and experience using Xero accounting software
- Creative, strategic thinker with the ability to multitask and problem solve in a fast paced environment
- A good eye for detail and high level of accuracy
- Inquisitive with a continuous improvement mindset
- Strong, professional verbal and written communication skills
We are looking for people who demonstrate a strong alignment to our Guiding Principles (you can find these on our Careers page).
With diversity and inclusion at the forefront of Auror’s guiding principles, we promote a culture that celebrates diversity and inclusiveness at Auror, regardless of, but not limited to, race, gender, sexual orientation, family status, religion, ethnicity, national origin, physical disability, veteran status, or age.
- Competitive salary Range: Depending on level of experience of $120,000 - $150,000 (IC4)
- Employee share scheme: You’ll own part of a company making a real difference!
- Flexibility: We are hard-working and outcome focused, but recognise there is more to life than work. We promote a healthy work/life blend.
- Shorter work weeks (at full pay): Everyone gets Friday afternoons off, so you can start your weekend early, and do more of whatever it is that makes you happy.
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision): Auror covers 100% of the cost of your health insurance plan with United Healthcare & Metlife.
- Focus on mental and physical health: We understand how vital our health is and have policies to support your wellness, including: Wellness Days, and up to three expert sessions paid for every year.
- Family-friendly: We offer comprehensive parental leave and benefits for primary and non-primary caregivers, including a baby bonus and meals delivered to your door.
- Personal growth: We support our team to participate in courses, conferences, or events that will help them develop their skills.
- Team love: We have regular team lunches and social events where most (if not all) activities are during work hours.
If you’re excited about our mission and you have experience and a passion for this role, please hit “Apply” below.
We’re proud that Auror is a place where everyone can learn and grow. So if you’re not sure that you tick all the boxes but feel you’re close to what we’re looking for, please apply anyway as we’d love to hear from you!
Once you apply, you’ll hear from us to acknowledge your application. If you have questions about any of the above, or if you have any accessibility requirements, we’ll be able to help you from there.