Retail Director - Melbourne
At Auror, we’re empowering the retail industry to reduce theft and Organized Retail Crime, a $100 billion problem globally. It’s high volume crime that’s increasingly organized in nature and is putting people, retailers, and communities at risk every day.
Founded in New Zealand, we’re working with some of the best and largest retailers in the world across Australasia, North America, and the UK.
Auror connects people with intelligence to reduce crime. As a company, we’ve built a high-performing, positive culture with a focus on providing an inclusive environment for a diverse team. If you’re excited about reducing crime and building safer communities, for everyone, then we want you on our team.
At Auror, we owe our success to the partnerships we have with our customers, our efficiency with which we deliver leading-edge products and services, and our organisational processes. We are proud to set the standard for success in our industry globally. The Retail Director - Australia role will play a key role in building and growing the partnerships and customer success teams across Australia. You will be a key member of our Australia Customer leadership team and will play an important role in shaping Auror’s growth and success in this market.
At Auror, we value co-location and have a hybrid flexible working model; the Auror office is located in the heart of Melbourne's CBD.
Key responsibilities of this role include but are not limited to:
- Define and build ongoing plans, objectives, and supporting structures to support achieving targets and delivering our strategy in Australia
- Recruit and lead a high performing Sales and Customer Success team, providing guidance, support, and mentorship to help them achieve their goals both personally and professionally
- Create clear expectations for the team regarding performance, in terms of activities, outcomes, and the use of Salesforce and other technologies.
- Develop and implement strategies to drive customer satisfaction, retention, and growth across our Australia customer base.
- Partner with Sales, Marketing, and Product teams to ensure our customers' needs are being met and to identify opportunities for growth.
- Monitor and report on key customer metrics, such as NPS, churn, and lifetime value, and use data-driven insights to inform business decisions and to help identify opportunities for growth and improvement.
- Develop and maintain relationships with our key retail partners
- Represent Auror at industry events and conferences, and participate in thought leadership initiatives to help continue building Auror’s reputation in the market.
I have come to Auror after 20 years’ experience in the global retail security and safety industry, with my most recent role as the Head of Corporate Safety & Risk at Coles Group, one of Australia’s largest retailers. If we want retail to be safer, more secure and return better value to shareholders, it has to be through innovation and I am excited to be a part of the Auror team delivering exactly this to retailers and Law Enforcement, all around the world. When you have a world class team continually delivering and improving an already remarkable product like Auror, customers and law enforcement partners will always be in the best position to win. I am passionate about health & wellbeing and on the weekend you will find me at an F1 race track or spending quality time with family and friends. You can check out my LinkedIn here.
- Has excellent leadership and communication skills, with the ability to inspire and motivate teams to achieve their goals both personally and professionally
- Is experienced in recruiting roles at all levels across Sales / Partnerships and Customer Success
- Is passionate about diversity, equity, and inclusion and creating a safe and inclusive work environment
- Has strong commercial acumen with knowledge across different commercial functions that may include Sales, Account Management, and Customer Success
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in cross-functional teams and build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders, including executive and senior management level
- Experience in SaaS companies is highly desirable
We are looking for people who demonstrate a strong alignment to our Guiding Principles (you can find these on our Careers page).
With diversity and inclusion at the forefront of Auror’s guiding principles, we promote a culture that celebrates diversity and inclusiveness at Auror, regardless of, but not limited to, race, gender, sexual orientation, family status, religion, ethnicity, national origin, physical disability, veteran status, or age.
- Competitive base salary: Depending on level of experience - $150,000 - $180,000AUD (PL5)
- Employee share scheme: You’ll own part of a company making a real difference!
- Flexibility: We are hard-working and outcome focused, but recognize there is more to life than work. We promote a healthy work/life blend.
- Shorter Work Weeks: Everyone gets Friday afternoon’s off, so you can start your weekend early, and do more of whatever it is that makes you happy.
- Mental and physical health: We understand how vital both mental and physical health is, and have policies to support that, including Wellness Days and up to three expert sessions a year
- Family friendly: We offer comprehensive parental leave and benefits for primary and non-primary caregivers.
- Personal development: We support our team to participate in courses, conferences, or events that will help them be relentless about improvement.
- Team love: We have regular team lunches and social events where most (if not all) activities are during work hours.
- Making an impact: You’ll work to solve interesting problems and help us keep communities safe.
If you’re excited about our mission and you have experience and a passion for this role, please hit “Apply” below.
We’re proud that Auror is a place where everyone can learn and grow. So if you’re not sure that you tick all the boxes but feel you’re close to what we’re looking for, please apply anyway as we’d love to hear from you!
Once you apply, you’ll hear from us to acknowledge your application. If you have questions about any of the above, or if you have any accessibility requirements, we’ll be able to help you from there.